The tables below consists of the fees that I charge for each grade/level/duration from 2022 onwards
Peak hour includes Friday after 6pm, Saturday and Sunday
All fees are subject to revision every 1 to 2 years
Terms and Conditions
- For Sengkang location, new students of all levels are welcome. For the Tampines location, I will only be taking in new students grade 6 and above. Here is my schedule for both locations:
- Sengkang: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thur, Fri, Sun
- Tampines: Sat
- Please note that due to my busy schedule and family commitments, I only teach at my place and do not travel to student’s place to teach. I also do not teach adult beginners, but adult students grade 6 and above are welcome if you can fit my schedule. Young beginners (age 5 or below) will be taken in on a case by case basis.
- Fees stated above are for 4 lessons a month, 1 lesson per week at my place. Click here to check my location. If there is any 5th week, there will either be no lessons or used to replace any lessons missed. (Note: I do not teach most on 5th weeks unless it is to replace any lessons missed) I will only allow pro-rated payments if I am unable to replace any lesson missed. It is the student’s responsibility to remember to come for lessons. No-shows will be counted as 1 lesson each.
- Fees are payable every 1st week of the month. For extra lessons, fees can be payable at the end of the month. Payment can be made by cash, cheque (made payable to Lin Minghui) or bank transfer (please indicate the child’s name and month in the transfer).
- To be fair to all students, all fees are non-negotiable. For lower grades, I am charging a flat rate regardless of the age of the student. Fees are only refundable if lesson is cancelled by the teacher, or due to unforeseen circumstances (e.g. hospitalisation). Otherwise students are expected to complete or replace all lessons.
- Fees for grade 1 to 5 includes both practical and theory (up to grade 5) regardless of the duration chosen. Fees for grade 6 to 8 only includes practical for 45 minutes duration.
- If there is a discrepancy between theory and practical grades, fee charged will be according to the practical grade for grades 1-5 and according to whichever grade is higher (practical or theory) for grade 6-8, unless the student is taking separate lessons for practical and theory. For example, if a student is at grade 2 for practical and grade 3 for theory, grade 2 fees will be charged. If a student is at grade 6 practical and grade 7 theory, grade 7 fees will be charged.
- If there is any skip in grades, fees for the respective grade that the student is doing will be charged accordingly, whether or not the student has taken the exam for the previous grade. For example, if the student skips from grade 3 to grade 5, fees for grade 5 will be charged as soon as the student starts on grade 5 repertoire, regardless of whether he has taken grade 4 or not.
- Please note that I do not teach on weekend nights (Sat and Sun after 7pm).
From 2022 onwards, I will not be taking in new students on weekends. Existing students who want to shift to a weekend slot will be put on a waiting list.
Here is the waiting time for each weekend.
- Friday evening – 3 years
- Saturday – 6 months (note that I teach in Tampines on Saturdays)
- Sunday – 2 years
Also, all peak hour slots (weekends and weekdays after 6pm) are reserved for school children (18 or below). I DO NOT take in students who are not able to attend lessons regularly and/or practice frequently (at least once in 2 days) on peak hour slots.
- I usually do not teach on public holidays but if I do, I only teach half-day and only if the student’s lesson falls on a public holiday and is unable to reschedule his lesson to other days. If the public holiday falls on a weekend, I will let you know if there is a break on a weekend or the following weekday. If your lesson does not fall on a public holiday, please refrain from rescheduling your lesson to a public holiday as I also need to rest and spend time with my family. I do teach on school holidays.
- All lessons will commence and end at the scheduled timing. Please note that due to my busy schedule, I may not be able to replace the time missed if you were late, especially if your lesson is at a peak hour (weekday nights/weekends).
- Students are allowed to cancel or postpone lessons (for valid reasons), and are allowed exam breaks or holidays up to 5 weeks a year. Any more lessons missed (with notice) are to be replaced. Note that due to my busy schedule, you may need to replace your missed lesson with online lessons. Students who are unable to attend lessons regularly will be shifted to an off-peak hour slot (weekday morning to afternoon) and students who do not observe my cancellation policies will be dismissed. Please give me ample notice if you need to cancel or postpone lessons. Last minute notices (less than 1 day) without valid reason will be considered as one lesson. Lesson will be forfeited if the student do not turn up for no reason.
- For long breaks or termination of lessons, please inform me at least one month in advance. Please note that for breaks longer than 1 month, I may not be able to guarantee that I can keep your slot for you.
- Please note that I DO NOT take in students who have no instruments at home to practice. All students are required to have at least a digital piano with weighted keys (NOT keyboard), and should upgrade to an acoustic upright piano latest by grade 3-4 if they are taking exams. Not having an instrument at home for practice will only slow down your progress significantly. For those who have yet to get an acoustic piano, I’m happy to help you with your purchase.
- For those who wish to have a trial lesson or meetup before you commence lesson, you can choose from these options
- short paid trial or assessment (20 – 30 mins) pro rated
- 1 full paid trail (45 mins)
- meetup with no trial (free)
- You may contact me at 93850375 (whatsapp preferred) to arrange for lessons and trial. Do note that my reply may be slow during peak hours (weekday evening and weekends). For more information on my location and contact details, click here